Department of Physics
The Department of Physics was established in the academic year 1979-1980. The following are the undergraduate courses with Physics as one of the subject and got autonomous status in the year 1988.
- Under Graduate courses
- B.Sc (M.P.C)
- B.Sc (M.P.Cs)
The post graduate course M.Sc. Physics was introduced in the academic year 2003-2004. and got autonomous status in the year 2017.
- Post Graduate courses
- M.Sc Physics
The department has highly qualified and well experienced teachers since its inception. Sri A.Vithal Rao, Dr. T. Satyanarayana Rao, Sri.R.V. Raja Kumar, Dr.MVN Padma Rao, Sri K. Rajendra Prasad, Sri G. Simhachalam,Dr.K.Bhargavi, N.K.S.P.S.Sharma, Syed Yusub , N. Siva Rama Krishna, D. Raja Sekhar, P.V.S.S.P. Rama Sastry, M.S.V.K.V. Prasad, L.N.V.H. Somasundaram, Prof.K.Krishna Murthy , Sri.L.Bhushan Kumar ,D.Bhanu Prakash, K.Kamala Priya,Dr.J.Suneetha Rani,M.Tasneem,S.Vijaya Krishna, N. Raja Sekhar, Dr.T.Srinivasa Reddy.
Sri A.Vithal Rao, Head of the Department is working as a Controller of Examinations of the college till date, since his retirement in the year 2002. Sri. T. Satyanarayana was awarded Ph.D. by Acharaya Nagarjuna University in December 2003 for his thesis entitled “Ultrasonic investigations in alcohol mixtures containing N, N-Diethyl acetamide and 1,2-Dibromo Ethane”.
Sri. M.V.N. Padma Rao has been awarded M.Phil(1999), Ph.D(2008) by Acharaya Nagarjuna University.Dr. T. Satyanarayana Rao Head of the Department worked as Vice Principal of the college during years 2006 -2007. Dr.MVN Padma Rao worked in the capacity of Principal from 01/10/2013 to 31/07/2016. He is member
- UGC Expert committee to visit Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College, Pasumalai, Madurai, Tamil Nadu for conferment of Fresh Autonomous status to that college vide UGC F.No.3-1/2015 AC (UGC-SERO/US) dated January 2015 on 10/03/2015 and 11/03/2015.
- Member of UGC Expert committee to visit Tiruchengoda for extension of autonomy to KS Rangaswamy College of Arts & Science (A), Tiruchengoda on 21st & 22nd March 2016.
- Member of UG Expert committee to visit Paralakhemundi for extension of autonomy to SKCG (Auto) College , Paralakhe- mundi on 15th & 16th April 2016.
- Member of UG Expert committee to visit Dindigul, Tamil Nadu for conferment of autonomy to G.T.N. Arts College, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu on 4th & 5th July 2016. Member on Board of Studies of other colleges.
- Member on Academic Senate Krishna University from 26-12-2013 To 31-07-2016.
- Subject expert in FIP selection commission (Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada) He received Indira Gandhi Shiksha Shiromani Award and Rashtriya Vidya Gaurav Gold Medal Award. He has successfully completed UGC Minor Research Project in 2008.
Prof.K.Krishna Murthy, Head of the Department(PG) from 2003-2017 has guided 2 PhD’s and 13 MPhil’s. He has good number of publications in international and national journals. He has successfully completed UGC Minor Research Project in 2016.
He has membership in professional bodies:
- Board of studies Member in Electronics for UG & PG Courses of Acharya Nagarjuna University.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics for PG Courses of Krishna University.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, SDMS Mahila Kalasala, Vijayawada.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, JMJ College, Tenali.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, Maris Stella College, Vijayawada.
- Departmental Research Committee member, Dept. of Physics, Krishna University.
- Ph.D. thesis adjudicator for Vinayaka Mission University, Salem, Tamilnadu.
- Ph.D. Thesis adjudicator for Mother Theresa Women’s University, Tamilnadu, Kodiakanal.
- Ph.D. Thesis adjudicator for Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu.
At present Dr.K.Bhargavi is the Head, Department of Physics. She is the academic officer of the college. She received Best Teacher award by the Management for the year 2014-15. She has 9 publications in international journals. She was sanctioned UGC grants for minor research project. She is a life member in IAPT. Sri N. Raja Sekhar of the Department was qualified for APSET and CSIR NET.
Sri L.Bhushan Kumar was qualified for APSET, and was awarded with Doctorate Degree in 2016. Faculty of the Department are publishing research papers in reputed National and International Journals.